Go here to see my resume!
Go here to see my resume!
The photo above is of “Vains of Jenna” a band from Sweden it was a very fun show to see and photograph. If you’re looking for a photographer for your band or concert just let me know.
I am interested in joining organizations where creativity and results are valued I was most recently employed by the American Red Cross as their Marketing/Development Specialist. I was involved with social media on the Advanced Public Affairs Team on a national level during times of disaster, financial development, photographyand marketing of the Red Cross in Northern Illinois Region.
In addition to my normal duties I also took photos for the Red Cross at events http://www.flickr.com/photos/redcrossrockriver and acted and filmed in a commercial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7DtZ9kErTY.
I am wiling to relocate and get more experience in marketing, writing and the creative world for the right opportunity. I know you need talented people, so let me tell you why you should consider me for an interview.
1. Ability to unify partners and work as a team player: I have experience at the Rock River Chapter working in their marketing and development I have taken part in building a new team, implementing a new website, create beneficial relationships to the chapter including in-kind donation of all signage, promotional t-shirts, and promotional material for our new annual event Rock’n for the RED.
2. Ability to multi-task in a high pressure environment: I have experience in events and working in high-pressure environments, while at the Rock River Chapter, I helped manage and coordinated Rock’n for the RED. Our new annual fundraiser geared toward younger demographics and a broader spectrum of donor. You can learn more about Rock’n for the RED at http://rockriver.redcross.org/index.php?pr=Rockn_for_the_RED, it was an all day music festival featuring local artists. I was also on the Advanced Public Affairs Team in Washington D.C. for National American Red Cross where I helped manage the Online Newsroom Blog (http://newsroom.redcross.org) during Hurricane Gustav, Hanna and Ike. This blog was primarily used for national media outlets and also for the general public to get information on Red Cross disaster operations.
3. Excellent writing and social media skills: While at the Rock River Chapter I am responsible for their:
- Website rockriver.redcross.org
- YouTube Channel youtube.com/rockriverredcross
- Facebook profile facebook.com/people/Red_Cross_Rock_River/1271427845
- MySpace profile myspace.com/redcrossrockriverchapter
- Twitter account twitter.com/rockrivredcross
- Flickr account flickr.com/redcrossrockriver
- Blog redcrossrockriver.wordpress.com
For more detailed information on my experience and skills, please see my resume.
Wildernessman Reads A Book To Get A Lady – “I want a date…but how?”
This is a shot I took working with a local band, Phil (the guy in the wheel chair) the shot was his idea and I had to duck out of the way at the very last moment. It’s funny I caught myself not realizing that I needed to get out of the way until the last moment, sometimes things don’t seem real when looking through a view finder.
I almost wish I waited just a second longer to get an even closer shot, but better safe then sorry. More shots to come, I just had to get this one posted before I go to dream land. Just an FYI, Phil doesn’t normally need a wheel chair but he had a sprained ankle on one leg and a twisted need on the other.
Well, maybe I don’t have 24″ pythons, but I do like snakes and have been working out lately. I just wanted to share a few photos I took at a backyard wrestling event for HCEW. It was a really fun photo shoot and I got to reconnect with some old high school friends. It was a challenge to photograph because it’s not only sport photography the light would change throughout the shoot because the only source of light was the sun.
For a literal grassroots organization HCEW (the shows are put on in an actual backyard with a full size regulation wrestling ring) really puts on a fun show and is worth checking out if you’re in the Rockford, Illinois area. I’m pretty sure they put on a show everything month weather permitting. See below for some photos I took and see more on my flickr account.
Check out Eric’s website at skumballink.com.
I’d love to hear your thoughts!!
See below for a short series I did entitled “The Personal Ad.” It’s a Wile E. Coyote style with sticky notes featuring my favorite subject – me.
There were a lot of great fights when I was cage side photographing the Bellator Fighting Championships in Chicago, Illinois May 15, 2009. I have a new found respect for anyone who steps into a ring or cage. Being up that closing and hearing each blow as a glove or foot connects on their opponent. I enjoyed mixed martial arts before I went to see Bellator and photograph is for Sherdog.com, now I am just in awe. It was a long night of work, but I enjoyed it immensely and hope to do more mixed martial arts photography.
At the end of the night I need to file some pictures to go along with the report so I found where all the writer’s tables and started to upload my pictures onto my laptop. All around me they were tearing down everything from the event, I thought to myself “I hope I have enough time to FTP my pictures to Sherdog’s server.” Then about 15 minutes later one of the workers asked me “Are you almost done?” Seeing the situation around me, I planned for this occasion – I used to be a Boy Scout and “being prepared” is a motto I’ve taken to heart. So, I bailed out of the venue and drove to the Des Plaines Oasis where they had free wifi.
It was actually nicer to work there because the lighting was better, it was quiet and I had plenty of space to work. I filed everything on time and then the next day uploaded my full gallery of pictures. They will be showcased later this week on Sherdog, I’ll make sure to post the link. Below are a few highlight shots from that night, hope you enjoy!
You might be able to see me on the ESPN coverage on Bellator’s YouTube page – http://www.youtube.com/BellatorMMA the event I was at is listed under the “Bellator VII” videos.